About Sweet Hazel's Sweets

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My blog will focus on baking and traveling. I chose these two because I want to share with others my love and wonderful experiences I have when I bake for others, and the intersting things I taste and see when I travel. If you are wondering where the name came from, I named my bake shop after my mother who LOVED sweets, and also like to travel, but I think she liked the sweets more. On October 20, 2015, my mother passed on, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, although this disease took over her mind and body and her world she still remained the sweet gentle woman she has always been. So here's to sweets for my sweet Hazel.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Costa Rica!!





This past summer my family and I took a trip to Costa Rica.  What a beautiful
country filled with beautiful beaches, mountains, volcanoes, and animals.  The food was indeginous to the country.  There was fresh fruit, fruit juice, and vegetables to eat during every meal.

We flew into the capital where we rented a car and drove up towards the volcanoes.  While driving we stopped at one of the local bakeries that sat on a hill and it was very picturesque.  We tried their local pastry along with ice cream and it was very refreshing.

To fulfill the adventurous side in us.  We went river rafting and zip lining.  This allowed us to see even more beautiful parts of Costa Rica.

Overall this was a fun filled trip, filled with good food, wonderful people, and beautiful scenery.






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment