About Sweet Hazel's Sweets

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My blog will focus on baking and traveling. I chose these two because I want to share with others my love and wonderful experiences I have when I bake for others, and the intersting things I taste and see when I travel. If you are wondering where the name came from, I named my bake shop after my mother who LOVED sweets, and also like to travel, but I think she liked the sweets more. On October 20, 2015, my mother passed on, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, although this disease took over her mind and body and her world she still remained the sweet gentle woman she has always been. So here's to sweets for my sweet Hazel.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Magnolia Market



For Thanksgiving I visited Magnolia Market located in Waco, Tx.  It wasn't exactly Thanksgiving Day, but I took a short rode trip that following Saturday after Thanksgiving. I drove from Houston to Waco, where I passed through College Station, home of Texas A&M, and into Waco home of Baylor. The drive was somewhat scenic, the highway was a little busy with people driving back to college or back home from visiting family and friends for the holidays.

When I arrived at Magnolia Market it was very busy.  Some people were purchasing items to decorate their homes for Christmas some were eating kettle corn, drinking hot chocolate, or coffee.

I then noticed a long line of people going into another building.  I wondered over to it and noticed the sign Silos Baking Co. I thought, perfect for me because I love baking and eating fresh baked pastries. The line moved very fast, before entering the building you were given a small card  to fill out stating what you wanted to order before arriving to the counter.  I choose the Lavender Lemon Cupcake, with a cup of coffee.

Once I reached the counter I purchased my cupcake, but they ran out of coffee, bummer!
The cupcake was moist, but I could taste more of the lemon and not a lot of the lavender.  The frosting was very sweet, but very light from the flavor of the lemon.

Overall, I enjoyed my rode trip to Magnolia Market, I picked up some great items for my kitchen and also enjoyed a great afternoon treat from Silos Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment