About Sweet Hazel's Sweets

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My blog will focus on baking and traveling. I chose these two because I want to share with others my love and wonderful experiences I have when I bake for others, and the intersting things I taste and see when I travel. If you are wondering where the name came from, I named my bake shop after my mother who LOVED sweets, and also like to travel, but I think she liked the sweets more. On October 20, 2015, my mother passed on, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, although this disease took over her mind and body and her world she still remained the sweet gentle woman she has always been. So here's to sweets for my sweet Hazel.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy Holidays



Happy New Year!!! With my mother passing towards the end of last year it made bringing in the new year a little challenging for me, but I couldn't let that slow me down because I had a lot to celebrate.  We celebrate Christmas Eve with all of my family and friends at my home every year. The burners of my stoves are covered with large pots of Gumbo and different types of stews and of course there is also dessert.  This year we prepared for our guest a big pan of cookie brownies.  This is a combination of chocolate brownies with sugar cookies baked on the inside.  Let's just say this dish didn't last very long.

The day after Christmas is my sister's birthday, we usually take her out to eat to celebrate.  For her gift I made cinnamon spice cupcakes.  I placed them in cute little decorative boxes for her and gave them to her as a birthday gift.  Her face lit up when she opened them and enjoyed the fresh baked smell of her gift.  My celebrations don't end there.

Below is a picture of my beautiful daughter.  We celebrated her birthday on December 29th.  She enjoyed dinner and hanging out at the mall with her family and friends, and later having a sleep over.  That morning I prepared biscuits for her and the girls, which they made breakfast sandwiches with.



 I brought in the new year with my wonderful husband, family and friends.  We sipped on holiday cocktails, danced, ate, and listed to music.

What wonderful memories I have made with my family and friends.  This year I will make more memeories in memory of Sweet Hazel.  Happy New Year!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment