About Sweet Hazel's Sweets

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My blog will focus on baking and traveling. I chose these two because I want to share with others my love and wonderful experiences I have when I bake for others, and the intersting things I taste and see when I travel. If you are wondering where the name came from, I named my bake shop after my mother who LOVED sweets, and also like to travel, but I think she liked the sweets more. On October 20, 2015, my mother passed on, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, although this disease took over her mind and body and her world she still remained the sweet gentle woman she has always been. So here's to sweets for my sweet Hazel.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Day I Will Never Forget



October 21, 2015 was a bitter sweet day for me.  My mother, Hazel Holmes passed away.
She was a wonderful lady with a very kind heart who enjoyed life and spending time with her grandchildren.  My inspiration for this blog comes from my love for baking and my mother's love for sweets.  

When my mother was living and when I would visit her I would always bring her something sweet to eat, I knew this would make her smile and make her day.  My mother enjoyed any type of pastry or sweets, but her favorites were blueberry muffins and banana flavored breads or muffins.  When my mother begin refusing to eat her favorite things I felt in my heart that it was nearing the end for her.

October 21st was the end of her beautiful life, but the beginning of the wonderful memories I will continue to create by sharing recipes, inspirational quotes, and conversations about baking ideas.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment