About Sweet Hazel's Sweets

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
My blog will focus on baking and traveling. I chose these two because I want to share with others my love and wonderful experiences I have when I bake for others, and the intersting things I taste and see when I travel. If you are wondering where the name came from, I named my bake shop after my mother who LOVED sweets, and also like to travel, but I think she liked the sweets more. On October 20, 2015, my mother passed on, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, although this disease took over her mind and body and her world she still remained the sweet gentle woman she has always been. So here's to sweets for my sweet Hazel.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Gingerbread Cookies











The holidays are right around the corner and one of my favorite things to eat is gingerbread.
Below is a recipe for a quick batch of gingerbread for you to prepare with or for your family and friends.  





Gingerbread Cookies


Ingredients:
3 cups AP Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP ground Ginger
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Cloves
1/4 tsp ground All Spice
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Molasses
2 TBSP Maple Syrup
Your favorite White Icing, for decorating
Directions:
Beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, molasses, and maple syrup.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture until just incorporated.  With your hand, knead dough until smooth. Divide into 2 balls and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
When ready to bake, let dough come to room temperature before rolling out. Roll to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.

Once cool, decorate cookies with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment